Every week I read the latest articles on training, nutrition and injury management. Looking for credible sources is becoming harder in today’s internet age so thus I created ‘Best Articles of the Week’.
Articles are broken into categories:
- Maximizing Squat Gains With Bar and Load Squat Variations, Barbell Physio
- Bodyweight Training for Athletes, Chris Tutela – Elite FTS.
- Size vs. Strength: How Important is Muscle Growth For Strength Gains?, Greg Nuckols – Strength Theory.
The Basic Principles of Program Design – Episode 234, Alex Maclin – Barbell Shrugged <– Awesome episode!
- The Western Diet and Inflammation: We’re Eating Ourselves to an Early Grave, Darwinian-Medicine.
- 3 New Workouts That Burn Fat Fast, Joelle Smith
- How to Meal Prep – Ep. 16 – VEGETARIAN LASAGNA ($2.50/Meal), Fit Couples Cook
- Low-Carb Pancakes (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free), Fit Men Cook
- THANKSGIVING MEAL PREP, Fit Couples Cook
- WATCH: I’m Sick! Should I Train?, Clint Darden – Elite FTS
- 4 Ways You Screw Up Your Bench Press, Lou Schuler
- 3 Tips for Improving Shoulder Health and Performance, Eric Cressey
Scientific Article of the Week
- Intermuscular adipose tissue and thigh muscle area dynamics during an 18-month randomized weight loss trial. Yaskolka et al. 2016.
Okay, so in this article they looked at basically what happens to people who are trying to lose weight using different methods (cardio or weights) over 18 months. Their research found that for those who are trying to reduce weight it’s important to include regular resistance training into the mix.
Hope you enjoy this list!
Latest posts by Christopher Watts (see all)
- Push/Pull/Legs Training Split - July 28, 2017
- Do you train during Ramadan? If not, you could be missing out.. - May 30, 2017
- Your legs hurt? You’re not in pain.. you’re just sore. - February 14, 2017